There are several settings that can be changed in order to customise your BidJS instance. This settings must be applied by Support so please get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a list of optional extras that can be activated:
1. Use Gallery Views for Calendar - this is on by default. Turning this setting off defaults the view to Listing, as shown below.
2. Use Gallery View for Bidding - as above, this setting changes whether the bidding pages default to Gallery or Listing view.
3. Show Auction Logo on Landing Pages - this setting allows you to upload a logo during auction creation that will display on the auction calendar, as follows:
4. Item Image Transformation - this defines the type of transformation applied to images across your site. The default setting is pad but this can be changed to fill, fit or scale.
Pad - retain the aspect ratio but pad any spaces with coloured background
Fill - retain aspect ratio but fill the whole space meaning some parts of the image will be cropped
Fit - aspect ratio maintained and space fitted to image. This may result in changes of lot box sizes. Pad is recommended instead of Fit.
Scale - aspect ratio is not kept. Image is stretched to fit the available space.
5. Auction Image Transformation - this defines the transformation applied to auction images. See above.
6. Default External Client Ref Prefix - this allows you to add an external reference to users when they create accounts. This is invisible to users and should only be used for internal reference only. This appears next to their username in the user list and bid table, etc.
7. Account Activation via Admin Only - if checked, new users will not receive an activation email and must be manually activated by an admin.
8. Request VAT Number - an extra field will be added to the account creation field allowing you to collect VAT info from users. This can also be customised to change the field title on the front end to gather other information. This field cannot be mandatory.
9. Hide Related Items - related items will not be shown on the item details screen.
10. Show Winning Bid - once an item has been sold, show the winning bid amount in place of the highest bid.
11. Show Number Of Bids - show the number of bids on an item.
12. Show Bidding End Date - show the 'bidding ends' date for an item as part of Bidding Status message.
13. Show Bid Increments - show the 'bidding increments' for an item.
14. Show Autobid Only - pnly show Autobid button for an item i.e. hide 'bid with price' button.
15. Max Offers per Item - using this you can change the maximum number of offers that may be made by each user per item. Default value is 3 offers per user.
16. Manual Increments - configure the baseline manual increments on a webcast auction. Use a comma delimited list (e.g. 10,20,100) to specify the increments.
17. Auto Increments - set the automatic increments for a webcast auction. See the On-Boarding document to find out how to formulate this increment table.
18. Use Auto Increments For Timed Auctions Use auto increments specified above (i.e. increments that change as the items high bid changes) for timed auctions as well as webcast auctions.
19. Always Request Deposit - this option will automatically request a deposit from users upon registration (excluding white-listed users).
20. Require spending limit - require that the user enters a spending limit when registering for an auction.
21. Auto approve ALL registrants - all users will be auto-approved for auction registrations.
22. Default User Location - this sets the default location for users when creating their accounts. They can manually change this when filling in the account creation form.