This document explains which fields in an Asset Flow item map to an item in a sale. The input fields of an asset within Asset Flow are used for many different processes. It is important, therefore, to understand which fields will map through to an Item (Lot or Listing) in an online sale.
Currently, all fields that are mapped through to an Item / Sale are found within GENERAL INFO and BIDDING DETAILS only.
Please note: Some of the fields referenced in this help page may have been renamed or hidden, depending on your Company's configuration.
The image above shows the template General Information section of an asset, with locations selected to be entered manually, NOT predefined. Each field that is displayed next to a red boxed number is directly mapped through to an item within bidlogix, but can be edited at anytime within the bidlogix admin.
- TITLE - The title of the Asset is displayed on the front end lot box, for an asset to pass validation there must always be a title inputted.
- SUMMARY - A short piece of text displayed on the lot box, typically used to show the asset's estimate for a sale.
- DESCRIPTION - Shown on the Item Details page only (accessed by clicking on the asset within a sale), the asset description allows for a more detailed account of the asset and can include HTML formatting if required.
- CATEGORY - This is the category with which the asset should be associated to. It is used to aid customer's online experience and ability to find the assets they are interested in purchasing or transferring (depending on the type of site used). Categories appear within the Catalogue page's Filterstab, Related Items - which are items displayed that use the same category ID, found within the Item Page (if enabled within your bidlogix config) as well as showing in Marketplace tab on the Home/Calendar page.
- RESERVE - The reserve is not displayed publicly per se, though if a user bids on an item with a reserve inputted an animated bar will display give the user an impression as to how far they are from reaching the reserve price. If a reserve is set any bids or commission bids placed on the asset, below the set value will be rejected.
- QUANTITY - Does not currently map through.
Where the General Information is Mapped into the front end, bidding site:
The image above shows the template BIDDING DETAILS section of an asset. Each field that is displayed next to a red boxed number is directly mapped through to an item within bidlogix, but can be edited at anytime within the bidlogix admin.
- Buyers Premium - The amount of commission the auctioneer charges and is displayed publicly within the Sale Information. If no value is specified this field will be set to the auction default when sent into a sale.
- Buyers Premium Tax - This is the tax rate to be applied to the Buyers Premium and is displayed publicly within the Sale Information. If no value is specified this field will be set to the auction default when sent into a sale
- Hammer Tax - This is the tax rate on the hammer (sold) price and is displayed publicly within the Sale Information. If no value is specified this field will be set to the auction default when sent into a sale
- Charges - Any charges that apply to the asset. Defaults to 0.00. Does not show publicly until invoicing through bidlogix.
- Charges Tax - This is the tax rate to be applied to the Buyers Premium. If no value is specified this field will be set to the auction default when sent into a sale
- Contact Seller - Enabling this option allows users to send messages to the selected contact and is displayed as an envelope icon within each front end lot box.
- Lot - An item type that allows both incremental bidding and, if required, a purchase option.
- Listing - An item type that allows purchase options only, no incremental bidding.
- Opening Bid - The amount that bidding for the asset will start at, displayed in the front end lot box if enabled by the auctioneer. No bids can be placed lower than the amount set.
- Bid Increment - The amount the bidding increases each time a bid is placed on an asset, displayed in the front end lot box if enabled by the auctioneer.
- Purchase Option - Buy Now, Make Offer, Transfer, Tender, and Tender Percentage. Displayed as a button on each front end lot box.
- Min Acceptable Offer - Any offer received below the set amount will be rejected. This is not displayed publicly until an offer is made.