The Marketplace is essentially a never ending auction and is designed for individual assets - that can't be grouped into an event sale - to be publicly available for purchase or transfer until they are sold.
Please note: There is a Marketplace for every Auctioneer account created in bidlogix.
To start with an asset must be created with the compulsory fields completed, which may be different from user to user depending on your Company settings.
The asset sections may also need to be approved prior to successfully setting the asset to Sales Development and sending an asset to a Marketplace, depending on your Company settings.
Please note: The walk through outlined below is based on no approvals required.
- Create the asset and complete the required fields marked with * and then click SAVE.
- Update the status of the Asset from Draft to Sales Development.
- Complete the required information for the BIDDING DETAILS section of the asset and click SAVE - For assistance with this please reference Item Fields Explained help document.
It is worth noting that the Buyers Premium, Buyers Premium Tax, Hammer Tax, Charges and Charges Tax fields within BIDDING DETAILS can be left blank in order to pick up the auction template data when the asset is sent into bidlogix.
- Go to the SALE INFO section of the asset, select MARKETPLACE and enter the end date for the asset (i.e. the date the asset stops being available for purchase).
- Select the Auctioneer you wish to send the asset through to by clicking on the Auctioneer* drop down.
- Finally click SELL ON MARKETPLACE and, as long as all of the required information is inputted, you will see a green message as per the image below.
Once the asset has been sent to bidlogix it will be in DRAFT status within the Marketplace and therefore will not yet show publicly - To navigate to this, with a view to setting the asset to show publicly, you will need to have a bidlogix account with Admin status.
- Log into the admin and click on the Auctions & Items header, then select View Auctions
- Click on the number of items link for the Marketplace (see image below).
- Click Modify Filter and select DRAFT items. You will now see the asset (see image 1 below).
- You may need to edit the Vendor associated to the asset, which is currently applied alphabetically. To do this select the asset by ticking and select Bulk Edit, here you can edit the Vendor details and/or anything else that is required. Once this has been adjusted click on Save and Finish from the edit screen. (see image2 below).
- The asset will now be in PREVIEW status so the filter should be changed to show PREVIEW items. In order for the asset to show publicly it must be Approved to gain a LIVE status. To do this click on the Approve button within the actions column for the particular Asset, then select confirm. (see image below).
- Once the asset has a status of LIVE within bidlogix it will show publicly